Windows NT4.0 Uninstall Procedure
1. Uninstall the driver:
- Go to the Start-> settings->Control Panel-> Multimedia
- Double click the Multimedia icon to open the 'Multimedia
- Go to the ‘Devices’ tab of this window.
- Go to the ‘Multimedia Drivers’ section.
- There are two driver devices in this section.
- Audio Devices.
- MIDI Devices and Instruments.
- Double click these above devices. The wave and Midi devices for
Aureal Vortex look as the following in the respective fashion.
- Audio for Aureal Vortex PCI Audio AU8830(or AU8820)
- MIDI for Aureal Vortex PCI Audio AU8830(or AU8820)
- Select any one of the Aureal Vortex devices and click the
‘Remove’ button of the Multimedia properties.
- The user will be prompted with a ‘Remove’ dialog box
confirming the removal of the Aureal Vortex PCI Audio driver.
- Say ‘Yes’ to that.
- Then you will be prompted with a ‘Restart’ or ‘Don’t
Restart the system’ message.
- Choose the ‘Don’t restart the system now’.
- Now clean the hard disk using the following cleanup procedure
below: After finishing the following procedure restart the system.
2. Windows NT Cleaning Procedure
- Go to the Start-> Find -> Files or Folders. User will get a
Find: All files windows.
- Under the ‘Names and Location’ tab, In the ‘Look in’
section type in c:\winnt\system32 (assuming that c:\winnt is the
system root directory) or just C:\.
- In the ‘Named’ section type in all of the following entries:
au8* au3* au2* asp4* aure*, eqdriver.dll, levelind.dll,
Remove any files found.
Note: For 8820 driver eqdriver.dll does not exist.
- Go to the Start ->Run to open the ‘Run’ window.
- Type ‘regedit’ and click ‘OK’ to open the Registry Editor
window. Go to the ‘Edit’ menu and choose the ‘Find’ section
in it and search for the following: aure, au3, au2,
au8, and asp4. Remove all of them.
- Remove any driver-related keys or values, being careful in not
removing things like the DNS server "aureal.com".
- Examine the contents of the OEMSETUP.INF files using a text editor
and delete the keys that are from Aureal.
Note: Registry editor doesn't allow searches for multiple
strings, so each string must be searched for independently.
- Reboot the Computer.
Information provided by Aureal Inc
3D Sound Software
Sound Card Reviews