Lithgow Mercury August 25th 1899
A GUIDE TO THE CAVES
We have received from Minister for Mines and Agriculture a copy of a "Guide to the Jenolan Caves" by Mr O. Trickett, L.S., M.S. the object of the publication is to give intending visitors some idea of the beauty of these wonderful caves. Each particular item in the programme of attractions is carefully and vividly described. Full use is made of former authorities on the subject and a feature of the Guide is its description of the beauties of the country traversed by the several routes to the Caves. The book should be found of great use and interest. Included in a brief "History" is the following - "Two of the last survivors of the Cox River aborigines, Betsy Grant and Jenny Clay informed Mr W. Mylecharane, L.S. that the caves and the limestone ridges surrounding them were known to the blacks under the name Binoomea". The "history" is probably the most imperfect part of this interesting publication. The pictures however are excellent and many are reproduced from photos taken by Mr E. Cooke.