Lithgow Mercury September 26th 1898
Improvements at Jenolan Caves
(From our own correspondent)
The caretaker Mr F J Wilson has been informed by the Under Secretary for Mines that the Jubilee Cave is now open to the public. This will be the means of holding out a special inducement to tourists who have already visited here to pay a second visit to see this most beautiful cave.
The petition which a little time back was sent asking that a public school be established here has been refused. More than sufficient children for a provisional school were marshalled up. The objection is that they are not permanent. Admitting it to be so, there is a probability of there being the required number for a couple of years at least whilst public works are being carried on here.