The Bullshit Bingo competition
Do you keep falling asleep at political meetings and seminars? Here's a way to change all of that.
1. Before your next meeting call your mates to come along. Prepare yourselves by drawing a square. About 130x130 mm is a good size. Divide the card into five columns across and five down — 25 squares. Below is an example:
2. Decide with your friends the basic rules such as deciding NOT to take a recorder for verification of the times they hear a "word", and a suitably small winning prize pool, such as $2 each. Regard it as the fun that it is, nothing serious.
3. Write your own pet-hated phrase or one of the following words/phrases ore in each block/
building (not as in buildings)
to tell you the truth (or "the truth is")
out of the square
think outside the box
empower (or empowerment, empowered)
at the end of the day
window of opportunity
4. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/ phrases.
5. The first person to stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!" when they get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally wins the pool.
6. The Victorian Bullshit Bingo Championships will be held concurrently with the first sittings of Parliament on 2 February, 2010.
Comment from Graham W of Magnetic Island who put the plan into action. "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'BULLSHIT!' for the third time in two hours.
The Bullshit Bingo Championship will be played at the next meeting."