How to Hit a Topspin Serve in Tennis
topspin serve is a variation of the slice serve. It gives you another
option to confuse your opponent.
- Assume the normal service posture (feet sideways to the baseline,
hands down and weight on the back foot).
- Begin your serve as you would any other, by bringing your hands up
together while simultaneously shifting your weight forward.
- Position the ball toss more directly in front of you or slightly over
- Attempt to catch the ball on its bottom centre.
- Swing fast and aggressively, hitting up on the ball to enhance the
spin. Racquethead velocity is essential for good spin.
- Follow through as you would with other serves.
- Be aware that the toss position is the main difference in any serve.
- Attempt this serve (as well as the kick serve) only if you have no
lower back problems. These serves require good lower back flexibility.
About Us | Results
| Fun Stuff | Tennis Games |
Tennis Tips |
Tennis News |
Downloads | Links |
Ace Tennis | Squads |
Feedback, suggestions,questions please email: