The Selentia Campaign Page
Selentia is an early modern European fantasy game setting partially derived
from Legend, the Dragon Warriors role-playing game setting (copyright Dave Morris
1986). Other influences include the fiction of J.R.R. Tolkien, the Quest for
Glory computer game series, Bill Willingham's Ironwood comics, Norse mythology,
and my years of study in classical and medieval history and religion at the
University of Queensland.
The map of Selentia was developed from
hand-drawn pictures scanned onto computer and tidied up using Paintshop Pro
version 4.12. Many parts of this map are copied from the Legend campaign setting
and used with the permission of Russ Nicholson.
Information available for players includes:
- the Selentia Campaign Resources.
- a general overview of Selentia.
- information on the races of Selentia.
- a guide to the two types of religion in Selentia, Paganism
and the True Faith, including the various
Understandings of the True Faith.
Please note that unlike the world around us, there are frequent, visible and
prominent proofs of the existence of God and of supernatural powers in Selentia.
Please remember that this is a work of fiction, and not intended to offend
anybody, pagan or monotheist.
- some information on the history of Selentia, including
- the kingdoms of Selentia, divided into
three groups: civilised, barbarian, and pagan.
- an overview of society and culture in
the Selentine world.
- the languages of Selentia.
- an overview of coinage.
- an overview of taxation and citizenship.
Go back to the Main Page
maintained by Gary Johnson (gwzjohnson at optusnet.com.au)
last updated 31 May 2005